Have a look at what we do at the Research Institute and join our research database to get information on conferences, seminars, and research on the link between spirituality and health
- To create dedicated and on-going research capacity to develop knowledge and inform practices.
- To conduct and encourage high quality scientific research on the relationship between religion/spirituality and health.
- To encourage collaboration and foster intellectual humility amongst academics in the respective fields with the purpose of promoting multi-, inter- and transdisciplinary research.
- To establish relationships with national research entities as well as with international research institutions in the field of spirituality and health to increase collaboration in research and access to research findings.
- To host research workshops with the intention of encouraging the use of multiple methodologies in research on religion, spirituality, and health.
- To create platforms for sharing research results through Conferences, Workshops, Social media and Newsletters.
- Center for Spirituality, Theology and Health at Duke University
- George Washington Institute for Spirituality and Health (GWISH)
- Yale University Program on Medicine, Spirituality and Religion
- Initiative on Health, Religion, and Spirituality at Harvard University
- Centre for Spirituality, Health and Disability at the University of Aberdeen
- Research Institute for Spirituality and Health (RISH)
Proceedings of the 2nd Biennial South African Conference on Spirituality and Healthcare
- Information on this book
- Published with the permission of Cambridge Scholars Publishing
- De la Porte, A., 2016, ‘Spirituality and healthcare: Towards holistic people-centred healthcare in South Africa’, HTS Teologiese Studies/Theological Studies 72(4), 1–9. https://doi.org/10.4102/hts.v72i4.3127
- Oberholzer, A.E. 2019. Standing in awe of scientific healthcare, HTS Teologiese Studies/Theological Studies, 75(4), 7 pages. https://doi.org/10.4102/hts.v75i4.5574
- Oberholzer, A.E. 2019. What are the different Christian churches teaching children about illness, pain and suffering? Pharos Journal of Theology, 100:1-12. https://www.pharosjot.com/uploads/7/1/6/3/7163688/article_14_vol_100_2019_unisa.pdf
- Oberholzer, A.E. 2016, Children’s experience of holiness in health care. Are we rendering effective spiritual care? HTS Teologiese Studies / Theological Studies 72(4), 7 pages. https://doi.org/10.4102/hts.v72i4.3454